Monday, 8 February 2016

Drafting and Planning: Feliz 1st cut

Drafting and Planning: 1st long Sequence Footage



This is the first draft of one of my footage sequences. I have added a darker sepia tone to this sequence to add drama and make it contrapuntal to the actual song. I liked the idea of the video not being parallel with the music as it creates the effect of how a woman should act in society. The music represents a woman's outside and how calm and happy it should be, but the video shows a woman's inside and what she feels. The woman may not want to perceived how she is and so stand against the ideals of society. I love how the video and the song play nicely together even though they aren't parallel.

I have also added slow motion to a part of the clip when the character is walking to the room where she will be doing hard work. I wanted to add this slow motion effect to this part to show hesitance a woman has towards how she is viewed by society and also how dramatic it could be.


This is just the first draft and will be edited depending on target audience approval. I have uploaded the footage to YouTube and receive feedback from the audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment