Friday, 25 September 2015

Research Into Similar Products: Lauryn Hill album covers

Lauryn Hill's Album Cover

As I am promoting a song that has been created by Lauryn Hill, I have to uphold her reputation and keep in with the image that she has created for herself. 


 These 3 images are just some of the CD covers for her albums and they all follow similar conventions. Her face is the main part of the album cover and therefore grabs most of the attention. She makes eye contact with the audience quite regularly and therefore encouraging them to purchase the album. In all the covers, she excels confidence and also femininity which is are some of the conventions I have introduce to my album cover. Two of these albums are tainted a darker colour for an old-time effect. It also brings attention to where she came from. Lauryn Hill hasn't gone through as much as black people did in America in the 70's but she does bring attention to her background and her history therefore empowering herself even more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment