Song option
My primary idea was to choose a song that is filled with misoginy and produce a video that goes against it. This idea was however denied by OCR with reasoing that the song promoted drug use, offense to women and profanity. The video also has to promote the song and my idea would not meet that objective. Therefore I will approach this project from a different perspective and choose a song taht empowers femals and adaprt the video idea to suit the song.
This song is a celebration of iconic femals throughout history and would be a perfect choice to fullfil my idea. Also my video would definitely promote it. The lyrics do not contain profanity, not does it promote any bad or misogynistic messages.
This songs aims to empower women and stay weary of guys who will use them. This song is also perfect as it subtly pokes at the idea of misogyny without actually swearing or exploring their ideas in an inappropiate way.
I am trying to stay away from songs that where released recently because I do not want to depend on the popularity of the song to make the video better. I want to choose a song that has an older vide, but also portrays a certain message. Choosing songs that where done by storng, independent bllack women will also send a certain powerful message.
No comments:
Post a Comment