CD Cover
Another aspect of my media coursework is creating a CD cover alongside a music video. I want my CD Cover for Lauryn Hill's Doo Wop to have a close up of a woman on it. I want it to be a woman of colour to represent Lauryn Hill's background and show that even though some women play along with the stereotype, we are all individually different and beautiful. The cover will be dark and have the character on a black background. The character will have white writing on her face which will read "For all the Girls out there." This will promote the song as well as it's social message. It is aimed at females, around the ages of 16 and older as at that age, these social messages start to apply and so I will feature a teenager on my CD cover.
These are some CD Covers that I found which I like. They are dark and have close ups of the artists. These CD covers set a great example of a very successful and powerful image. The image in the top right left is Adele's album. It creates mystery and also sets the atmosphere for the rest of the album. The image represents her emotional songs and prepares the audience for her music. The next image across is an album cover for a rapper. It features the usual conventions of rappers: a big watch and an over sized ring catches the eye as they represent his need to be important. Below, another rapper is blowing out smoke. Representing the black culture as promoting violence, crime and substance abuse. The image in the top right corner, is for a pop singer and her album cover is great. I would like to follow in her footsteps. She is making direct eye contact with the audience and therefore alluring us to purchase the album.




No comments:
Post a Comment