Tuesday, 15 March 2016

Research Into Similar Products: Ideas for Digipak

Research Into Similar Products: Ideas for Digipak

Lauryn Hill's digipaks follow the same theme with every album and every digipak is solely focused on the artist and her ideals. They are all simplistic and they all have her face on the front. I will follow these conventions as I would want the digipak to fit in with her Lauryn Hills' theme despite the video being so different. 

The front will be the mother character that was in the video standing in front of the wall of photographs and an extreme close up of her face just like Lauryn Hill. The actual disc will be a picture of the photographs without anyone and the back of the digipak will also be a picture of the mother character in another light as that is what Lauryn Hill typically does.

The convention that is seen on most albums that Lauryn Hill produces is direct address as she is keeping eye contact with the audience to create a relationship before they even listen to the album. I will use this convention to also follow the theme of her digipaks. Also there is a sepia tone that make the pictures look older and more emotional and I will implement that idea and make the picture darker and add a sepia tone to make the digipak more emotional and continue the theme of Lauryn Hill. 







No comments:

Post a Comment